Got up at 5:30 AM. Slept very well and did not get up to use the restroom, After taking Terazosin HCl 2 mg for enlarged prostate. Cleaned up, and changed to BOP uniform. Made up bed. Had a cup of weak coffee ( one scoop per cup). Watched the local news and weather report. Stretched while watching the news. Washed my laundry. Breakfast was served at 6:15 AM. Breakfast menu: roll, oatmeal, milk, apple, and punch. Placed washed laundry in the dryer.
Plan for today:
- Wash Laundry.
- Watch the Human Anatomy video.
- Attend the Indian Nations class at 4:00 PM.
- Email daily Diary to Doris and Michael.
- Email Dr Liupakorn Dr. L – psychologist to request a Criminal Thinking Handout and Basic Cognitive Thinking journal.
- Return the “Gambling in Prison” handout to Dr. L.
- Walk 6 Miles around the track.
Washed my BOP heavy jackets and another set of uniforms. Completed my washing at 9:00 AM. Emailed my daily Diary for 6/26/2023 to Doris and Michael. I talked to Counselor Reyes:
- Doris, Quang, and Annie’s visitation request. Unfortunately, they did not sign the release for a background check and thus were rejected. Reyes suggested that they resend the request and he will approve them asap.
- He showed me an envelope from Doris which contained all my personal information for my release plan. I told him about my release plan and these are the attachments. He asked if I still need the information. I told him I already have copies of the information. He suggested that we keep it in my personal file for future reference. I agreed. He was impressed with my credentials.
- He found out from my information that I was a college graduate and recommended that I help tutor some of the inmates. I told him, I aspired to help tutor inmates in the GED, ESL, or anything within my expertise. And I would like to use the tutor and mentor skills when I reenter the community to aid the immigrant or geriatric communities. I also told Mr. Reyes that I am already working in the Laundry room but would like to work as a tutor for the inmates. He thinks it is workable but I need to check with Ms Hubbard. I will contact Ms. Hubbard about the tutor position after she returns from her vacation.
- I told Counselor Reyes that Ms, Tianto had a review with me and determined that my FRP Payment was $58 per month starting in July 2023. He advises against depositing too much money into my commissary account as they will take up to 50% of the balance to satisfy my FRP. I told him I have not received my Pattern score. Counselor Reyes would look into this matter if he is able to access the information. 5) I told Counselor that I cannot change my past mistakes but I can change my future outcome by paying back to the community with my volunteer work and contributing to my FRP payment plan. He was very pleased with my comment.
Called Doris at 9:30 AM to inform her of the rejected Visitation form because they did not sign the consent to release for a background check. I told her to resend the visitation forms to Counselor Reyes. I will email the Counselor Reyes’s information to her. The PERS check was deposited into my account. Francis drove both the Van and the Genesis this weekend and they were working fine.
Acting Case Manager Mr. Chavez visited the unit at 10:00 AM. I saw him pulling some overgrown weed and was not pleased when he saw the condition of the exercise room. It was filthy and needed a thorough cleaning. He says if no one wants to take responsibility to clean the exercise room, he would shut it down. One of the inmates started to argue with Mr. Chaves that everyone uses the room and that there was no way to keep it clean. I intervene and told Mr. Reyes that we will clean the room to his satisfaction. I recruited several inmates to help me clean the exercise room, it was really nasty, especially on the track of the machines. It took us about 30 minutes to clean the room and the equipment. Mr Reyes came by and he was pleased that the room was clean to his specifications, Thumbs up from him.
11:30 AM Will help massage my back, it felt better after the massage. Emailed Daily Diary for 6/27/2023 to Doris and Michael. Started reading “Success after Prison” from 12:50 – 2:35 PM. Intriguing book by Michael Santos, I could plagiarize a lot of his writing and apply it to me, when I reenter the community. Back to the unit to relax.
The temperature outside was about 103 Degrees. Headcount at 3:30 PM. Dinner was served after the head count. Dinner menu: Shredded Chicken, corn, tortilla, beans, salsa, and punch. Attended the AEC Class – Indian Nations at 4:00 PM. back to the unit to rest and took a nap from 4:50 – 7:00 PM. Decided against walking in the hot weather today. Email daily Diary for 6/28/2023 to Doris and Michael. Headcount at 8:30 PM. I talked to several Correctional Officers, they seem to be interested in me. I was surprised that they had noticed me studying in the library, Walking around the track, being polite to everyone I meet, and can carry on a decent conversation other than time at the camp. I thank them for all their assistance and confidence in me. I cleaned up and showered at 8:45 PM. Felt great after the shower. Final headcount at 9:30 PM. Went to bed at 10:00 PM.
A very productive day: build positive relationships with my Camp Counselor, case manager and several Correctional officers. I can only continue with my deliberate plan to ensure build upon our positive relationship.