Got up at 5:20 AM. Made up my bed. Cleaned up. Made a cup of light coffee. Watched the local news and weather report, The high temperature for today will be 111 Degrees F. Stretched while watching the news. I will do my walking after breakfast.
Plan for today:
2) Walk 6 miles in the morning.
3) Read Success after Prison.
4) Watch a video on human anatomy.
5) email diary to Doris and Michael.
6) call Doris.
Breakfast was served at 6:30 AM. Breakfast menu: Oatmeal, Chocolate muffin, apple, and punch. Started walking at 6:50 AM. Finished walking and running 6 miles at 8:20 AM. Felt good after the run. Showered and changed into casual clothes. Started reading at the library from 9:05 AM – 10:00 AM. Headcount at 10:05 AM. Lunch was served after headcount. Luncheon menu: sloppy joe burger, mixed vegetables, fries, banana, and punch. Back to the library for more reading “Success after Prison”. I have been going back to reread some interesting chapters in the book to fully grasp the concept that Michael was talking about. I found lots of useful information that I can use for my reentry into society. Finished reading at 12:30 PM.
Went back to the unit to call Doris:
- She inquired why I was late calling her, I told her I was busy reading and working on Michael’s book.
- She had an asthma attack last night and used the nebulizer to control her attack. I was glad the nebulizer work well to control her asthma.
- Quang and Annie will be coming by the house to fill out the visitation forms. I hope they will bring some Char Siu, Roast pork, and roast duck for Doris.
- Doris told me that Diana, Keen, Quang, and Annie were by the house last week to pick some fruits.
- I told her about my interaction with my Counselor – Mr. Reyes and case manager – Chavez that they had a favorable image of me. 6) Monday 7/3/2023 is her appointment with Dr. Scott Lee. I just hope he recommends the cornea replacement surgery for her. I told her my multifocal lens was working very well. And I will pay for her to have the multi-focal lens inserted into her eyes.
Emailed 6/29/2023 diary to Doris and Michael. Took a short nap and woke up at 2:30 PM. Worked on emailed 6/30/2023 Diary but have to save it because of time limitations. The AAPI group had a Pizza and Nachos for Chan’s birthday from 2:45- 5:00 PM. headcount at 3:30 PM. I completed and emailed the 6/30/2023 Diary to Doris and Michael. back to the Library at 5:15 PM for more reading. Reading was interrupted by headcount at 6:40 PM. Finished reading at 8:00 PM. Back to the unit. Cleaned up at showered at 8:30 PM. Signed up for the History of Life – Biology – 7/2/2023 at 6:00 PM on Sunday. Headcount at 9:15 PM. Final Headcount at 9:30 PM. Went to bed at 10:00 PM.
Today was a good day: Doris received her nebulizer and used it to control her asthma. A good party with lots of pizza and nachos. Success in Prison instills a lot of ideas that I will apply to my reentry into society. Completed my 6 miles walk and run. My eyesight has improved significantly – The multi-focal lens worked very well.