08092023 (Day #4242)
10 Principles To Live By.
– originally sent to me by my Mom, attributed to former VA Director Robert McDonald
Each day, I aspire to these principles in my activities, encounters, and endeavors.
1) Find your own particular talent.
2) Be big, think big, act big, dream big.
3) Be honest.
4) Live with enthusiasm.
5) Don’t let your possessions possess you.
6) Don’t worry about your problems.
7) Don’t cling to the past.
8) Look up to people when you can, and down to no-one.
9) Assume your full share of responsibility.
10) Pray consistently and confidently.
Since receiving these from my Mom in 2014, I recite these at least 3 times daily: first thing each morning, again around lunchtime/mid-day, and before I go to sleep. I recite them when I’m outside walking and running, and review what I’ve done and what I can do to adhere to them that day. They are an essential and beneficial part of guiding my self-talk more productively and constructively.
Humbly and gratefully.